Art Submissions Realism vs. Impressionism
September Art Exhibition at Boomerang Fine Arts: Boomerang Art Submissions Realism vs. Impressionism
Deadline: Friday, August 18, 2017 Midnight
“Realism vs. Impressionism”
Where do you draw the line?
A Month-long art exhibit open to all Northwest artists Professional or Amateur focused on Realism or Impressionism.
This exhibition hopes to illuminate the wide diversity of representational painting – all work must be for sale.
This exhibition hopes to reach out and include Northwest Realist and Impressionist Painters. The call goes out as far north as Bellingham, WA, as far east as Spokane, WA and Boise, ID and south to Medford, OR.
Art Submissions Realism vs. Impressionism Important Dates:
• Email Submission forms and photos with titles: Due Friday, August 18, Midnight
• Art intake / Deliver your Art: Tuesday, August 22, 8A through Saturday, August 28, 3P
• Show Dates: August 29 – September 22
• Viewing Hours: Monday-Thursday 6:30a-5p, Friday 6:30a-9p, Saturday 9a-4p
• Artists Reception: First Friday, September 1, 2017, 5:00p – 9:00p Reception
• Pickup Art: = Saturday, September 30, 10A – Noon. (otherwise make special arrangements)
Art Submissions Realism vs. Impressionism Location and Host:
Boomerang Fine Arts, 808 Main Street, Vancouver, WA 98660
The exhibition is one to all Northwest artists Professional or Amateur working in Realism or Impressionism
• Artists working in 2D media of all types. Visual artists working in any water, oil or acrylic media or dry media are invited to participate.
• We seek original artwork.
• We will accept works that are realist and/or impressionist style. Whether plein air landscape, portrait, or studio still life; whether invented, contrived, or straight visual document.
• Boomerang Fine Arts is a part of the greater mission of Boomerang: to inspire our local community to give back, believing generosity returns. This goal interweaves itself in every decision we make including Boomerang Fine Arts. Boomerang reserves the right to refuse work at its discretion. All Boomerang “Call for Art” submissions are juried upon merit and craftsmanship.
Art Submissions Realism vs. Impressionism Entry Fee:
• There is a no application fee to submit 1 – 5 entries.
• All art sales will be split with 70% going to the Artist and 30% to Boomerang. If the artist chooses to donate their art in the spirit of generosity, they may choose any one of the Boomerang Causes and 50% of the sale will go directly to that cause.
• Note: Artworks may be listed as Not For Sale.”NFS” In addition, if you have an exclusive representation with another gallery, please use “NFS” or make arrangements with the gallery for a release.
• Boomerang will retain 30% of the sales and will collect and pay applicable sales taxes.
Art Submissions Realism vs. Impressionism Exhibition details:
• Artist may submit up to 5 works.
• Note limitation: If submitting large-format artworks; your submission may be limited. 2D Limit is 40 inches on the longest side. All work must be able to be moved/handled by one person. In the case of larger works a space limit may be imposed to reduce the number of works accepted depending upon space availability.
• Delivery of Artwork: Please deliver art on time as above on Tuesday, August 22, 8A through Saturday, August 28, 3P
• Early arrival artwork: please email to make special arrangements by email and be sure artwork is completely crated, packaged or blanket wrapped properly. All work must be framed or otherwise prepared to gallery standards “ready-to-hang”.
• please no saw-tooth/zigzag hangers
• Opening reception: Artists are asked to be available during the opening reception. (with exception for out of state artists). We ask that you make yourself available to guests during the reception to answer questions and share your work with the public at large.
• Return Art Pickup: Please respect our pick up deadline: Boomerang has no capacity for storage. Note: pick up is a very limited time. Artist must make arrangements to have someone else pick-up if required. Any artwork remaining after the noon deadline will be will be stored in an alternate facility and daily storage charges will apply.
Art Submissions Realism vs. Impressionism by email only.
Email Applications and all materials to: Call4Art@generosityreturns.com
Complete Submission Details
Please title your email: “Realism vs Impressionism”
In the body of the email please include the following info:
1) Artist’s complete contact info AND a short “Bio” (50 words or less) typed in a word “doc”, “docx” or “pages” file.
2) Artist Statement: what inspires/informs the work. (50 words or less) typed in a word “doc”, “docx” or “pages” file.
3) Up to 5 properly cropped jpeg images labeled as follows: Attach images of each work submitted, format: jpg at 1920 x 1920 pixel each (1920 on the longest side) with file names as follows: firstname_lastname_title_1.jpg, firstname_lastname_title_2.jpg, etc…
4) Complete and attach the supplied Boomerang Consignment Form. Note the form is a fill-in the blanks PDF. BE SURE TO SAVE THE FILE AS NEW FILENAME: It is necessary to save the file as a new file name. You must use this form. You may need to download a Pdf reader/writer or “Adobe Acrobat”. If you have trouble email us.
5) Complete the Thumbnails sheet with all required title information. This is a word doc file and works with Apple’s “Pages” and most current “Microsoft word” applications. Note that photos may expand the table – this is OK. * Please DO NOT use Google Drive/Docs. If you have trouble with the on-line forms, email early for duplicate forms Call4Art@GenerosityReturns.com
Copyright: All rights to the artwork remain with the artist. Artist agrees by submission to this exhibition to allow their images (with credit) to be used in promotion materials and press releases for the exhibition. Call for Paper Art Submission forms for your use: Email Call4Art@generosityreturns.com
“…. we look forward to receiving submissions to this exhibition from Northwest Artists in response to “Realism vs Impressionism” We hope to demonstrate the talent of our regional artists who produce original artwork and those willing to share their works with our community.”
– Tom Relth, Boomerang Fine Arts – May you be blessed as generosity returns!
_ _ _